Friday, December 21, 2007

Oooo, Christmas is Almost Here!

I am really excited for Christmas this year. Having a kiddo brings all the excitement that Christmas used to be rushing back. I have always been a lover of all things related to Christmas; I believed in Santa until I was 12. Seriously - I just figured that he didn't bring anything to the non-believers and that was how he made it all over the world in one night. It made logical sense to me. In any case, watching my girl get all excited when she sees the tree ("tee, tee" she says while pointing at it and wriggling her little body around) makes me so happy. I really can't wait until she gets to open all of her presents. I am sure that she will have way more fun playing with the wrapping and boxes than the actual toys, but whatever. I mean, how many times in your life do you get to roll around in a veritable orgy of wrapping paper? Not nearly enough!
Of course it helps that the weather is playing along. Here is the view from my home office:

My Winter Wonderland


As long as I am cozy and inside, I love that deep blanket of snow. It makes me want some hot chocolate... mmmm.


On the knitting front, I am putting the finishing touches on a little pink bear that will go in the girl's stocking. All that is left is to embroider the eyes. Did I mention that I HATE embroidering and that I am terrible at it? Unfortunately, I can't justify leaving Mr. Bear without peepers so embroider I shall.

Peeper-less Bear

I am also working on a little set for one of my coworkers. It is a crazy baby factory in my office right now and the first of the pregnant ladies is due on Jan. 2 with a little girl. I am working on a set that includes booties, mittens, and a hat, all in a lovely white yarn with a thread of pink metallic sparkle running through it. These will be very stylish outerwear options for the trendiest winter babies! I am almost done knitting the second bootie and once that is finished, I will sew them up and get going on the mittens. The only thing I don't have is a good hat pattern so if anyone has a link to one knit with sportweight yarn, don't hold back. I'll post pictures of the whole set once I get it finished.


I hope you have a merry holiday (or whatever you celebrate). I am off to get me some hot chocolate.

Cheers!

No comments: