Tuesday, June 28, 2005

At last, my blog has come along...

At long last, I have a few minutes to update my blog and share with you all the things I have been working on lately. For starters, I have been on the road for work pretty much constantly. Sometimes I get to go to interesting places, mostly I spend my time between hotels, dark focus group rooms, and airports.

However, on a recent trip I got to go to Gothenburg, Sweden. Gothenburg is the second largest city in Sweden and in June, it is daylight for over 20 hours a day. I actually had a little time to check out the city center and stumbled across a charming little yarn store called Strikk where I found this:

Handspun Linen from Sweden
Pure linen, handspun for this store and only available in Sweden. It is a creamy white color and has a very crispy feeling. I think I am going to make a light spring/fall scarf with it.

Next up, I have been knitting away on Kirsi. This past weekend I finished all of the knitting. Presented for your perusal, pictures of the knitted and (sort of) blocked sleeves, back, and front.
The back and sleeves...

Kirsi's Back and Sleeves Posted by Hello
And the fronts...

Kirsi's Fronts Posted by Hello
I have really enjoyed knitting her. The yarn is soft and has great stitch definition. Plus, it was easy enough to knit quickly but interesting enough to, well, keep me interested. Next up, the dreaded finishing. I am not really that experienced with finishing so if anyone has good finishing tips, please pass them along. I have never finished any kind of garment with set in sleeves but I am well armed with Nancy Wiseman's Finishing Techniques, so hopefully things will go smoothly. Once the finishing is done, I get to do some crochet edging... something to look forward to. Unfortunately, I am not going to get to it until this weekend. I am spending another week on the road, this time in Philadelphia, PA and Charlotte, NC. At least I finally get a little time to blog.

For all of my travels, I have equipped myself with the necessary means to make a pair of socks for my husband. For some reason, he has no interest in me knitting anything for him. Socks are the only thing he seems to respond to, so socks he will get. As a bonus, they are super portable and great for plane knitting (unless I accidentally drop a dpn). So far I have one sock completed and the second sock cuff started. Check out the completed sock, knit with Schoeller Stahl Limbo Mexiko:

Husband's Sock #1 Posted by Hello
I hope to have the second sock finished by the end of the week. No second sock syndrome here, travel is the best motivator ever!

That's all for now. I have a few more pictures to show but I figured I would wait until later... not unload all of my goods at once.

Have a great night all!
Cheers

No comments: