Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Blanket for the beach house...

So here is my (most recent) dilemma...
I am crocheting an afghan for my grandmother's condo in St. Augustine, FL. She gave me a piece of fabric from the couch and I found the most perfect yarn. It is Red Heart super saver in Summer Breeze and it matches nearly every color in the fabric sample (and I can get it for $2 a skein). The pattern I am using calls for 30 oz. or 1500 yards of yarn. When I purchased the yarn, I bought 15 oz. Yes, instead of 30 oz. or 1500 yards, I flaked and bought 15 oz. Three days later, when I realized what I had done, I went back to the AC Moore where I originally purchased the yarn. Guess what happened then... that's right, they were sold out. I put in a special order request and just got the call that Red Heart is discontinuing this color so the store cannot get anymore. Sigh. Here is a picture of the afghan in its current, two-skeins-done, state.

Grandma's Afghan Posted by Hello
Now I have to troll the Internet and all my local yarn stores to see if I can find enough to finish the afghan. Did I mention that the variegated yarn from Red Heart is dylotted?

In other news, the Husband's second sock cuff is almost completed. I am off to Mexico on Sunday (yes, I get to spend the 4th of July in Mexico City doing work) so that means lots more plane knitting time. I decided that while I don't do much KIP, I do A LOT of KOP (knitting on planes). Hopefully I will get to do some blogging later this week.

Cheers.

No comments: