Saturday, June 04, 2005

I need to share...

This morning, as I was counting stitches on Kirsi, I realized I had too many. After all of my decreases around the armhole were completed, I still had 7 extra stitches. After a bit of searching, I finally figured out the problem. I casted on 89 stitches instead of the requisite 82. Yes, the problem was over 12 inches away in the cast on row. That sound you hear is the combination of crying and ripping as I take the whole sweater back down to nothing. I hope this is not indicative of the kind of day I am going to have.
The silver lining, I have a 6 hour car ride today. At least the back is all counted out in terms of decrease and increase rows and row counts for certain measurement points. That means it will be easy to work on in the car.
Cheers!

No comments: