Thursday, June 02, 2005

Sex on Toast (aka the U2 Concert)

Tiffany, this title's for you!

Last Thursday I had the extreme pleasure of attending the U2 concert in Boston. In late January, I managed, by some miracle, to score four tickets off the Ticketmaster website to this most amazing concert. For those of you not in Boston, tickets for three shows sold out in under 10 minutes. This highlights the extent of the miracle that was me getting tickets! After months of anxious waiting, I finally got my nirvana (the spiritual place, not the Kurt Cobain band).

The concert was outstanding. U2 is fantastic live and there is nothing more exciting than seeing 20,000 people all hanging on every word of this man called Bono. They played lots of good stuff... Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, The Fly, Love and Peace, Where the Streets Have No Name, and the list goes on. They played for two hours and did to encores (7 songs). At one point, Bono pulled a young woman up on stage, hugged her for at least 2 minutes, and then took off his sunglasses, looked into her eyes, and danced with her. Melting... my girlfriend and I were melting (and supremely jealous). I don't care how old, married, sweaty, or short Bono is, to me all he has to do is sing and he is sex on toast. Fabulous. Anyone have tickets to the October show that I can buy??

Now for a little knitting talk...
I was a busy knitting bee this Memorial weekend. My husband had a lot of work to do so we spent most of the weekend hanging around the house. After the crazy past couple of weeks, it was exactly what I wanted! I (finally) felted a bag that had been knitted over 3 months ago. I crocheted and hand felted a couple of flowers that I am going to pin to said bag. I knit and felted a second bag (pink and black stripes) and finished the shrug from the free Interweave pattern.

Finally, on Monday I started the cute short sleeve wrap-like shirt from the Cinnabar & Spice section of the Spring/Summer 2005 issue of VK. I avoided swatching (bad girl) and started with the sleeves. Got it right on the first try baby... both stitch and row count. That never happens to me. Even when I swatch properly, which I do most of the time, my row count is almost never right. Needless to say, I was very pleased. Thus far it is a quick and enjoyable knit. In a few days I have completed both sleeves and the back up to the armhole shaping. I have some work travel on the schedule for next week and I am looking forward to taking the fronts along for the ride. I am knitting the whole thing in some old stash Caron Simply Soft Brites. Normally, this is not something I would pick for a garment but it is very pleasing to touch, the stitch definition is really lovely, and it is a fabulous shade of bright salmon pink. Perfect for summer. For the purpose of giving my sweater a life (because things can't exist without a name), I am going to christen her Kirsi (a Hindi name meaning amaranth blossoms).

That's about all for today. Pictures of said knitting items to come (as soon as my lazy camera spits them out).

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! A blog update! And even one with my NAME in it!! Now I want a blog! I would have an entry called BadaBing BadaBoom!!!