Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Fantastic!

I was doing my typical weblog-reading-yarn-browsing thing this morning when I decided to look up the website of the yarn store I visited in Belfast, ME (remember when I mentioned that a few posts ago?). I had purchase some absolutely delicious yarn from Starcroft (a local Maine spinner) called Silky Way. Its blend of silk, angora, and merino wool is indeed wonderfully silky. I used my two skeins to make a triangular scarf with ties from a Fibertrends pattern. In any case, I found the website, scrolled to the bottom, and there I was... in the picture of the shop! Well, you can't really see me as I am hidden behind my mother-in-law (her friend Georgie is the one who's back is facing the camera) but it is definitely me. I feel almost like a celebrity. Check it out here http://heavenlysocksyarns.tripod.com/

Of course, if you are in Belfast, you absolutely must stop at the store. The owner was lovely - helpful, friendly, clearly knows her stuff, and loves her store. What more can you ask for? Well, how about a big selection of yarn (including lots of Rowan) and really good prices (I got a size 8, 24 inch Addi circular for only $8.99). In fact, Belfast and the store are so nice, I would make a point of going there!

I am actually wearing my scarf thing today so I will post pictures when I get home tonight.

Cheers!

No comments: