Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Promised Pictures

Here are pictures of the Scarf I made with the yarn from Maine.
Detail of the Scarf:


A picture of the front:


And the back:

In other news, I am one step closer to actually finishing a project (no, seriously, I really am). Last night I decided to bite the bullet and try to seam Kirsi. I had been putting it off mainly because I was stymied by sewing set-in sleeves to the arm holes. I had never done it before and I wasn't really sure how. Since things never seem to get done when I sit and stare at them, I opted to just jump in. The sleeves turned out great, if I do say so myself. Even my husband commented that they looked pretty professional (usually he just grunts at my knitting so this is a huge compliment). They looked so nice that I was inspired to use the mattress stitch to sew together the sides and the bottoms of the sleeves. That's right, I officially finished all the seaming. All that's left is to sew in the million ends (boo) and the crocheted edging (yay). I opted not to take a picture because I am so close, I want the next picture of Kirsi to be on me!

Knitting group is tonight so maybe I will sew in ends there.

Cheers!

No comments: