Sunday, August 07, 2005

A Long-Awaited Update

I keep meaning to post but things keep coming up. Last weekend, one of my husband's close family friends passed away very unexpectedly. It was very sad (she was only 27 years old and the youngest of 6 girls) and we spent much of last week with her family. Thankfully, this weekend has been blissfully quite.

I have some knitting things to share. First off, here is a picture of the finished Husband's Socks. They turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. Of course, it has been so darn hot here, it was all I could do to get him to put them on long enough to take this picture!


Since I can't seem to bring myself to finish a single project I have started, I have decided to start a new one. I am working on a baby blanket (pattern by Ann Norling, as printed in Debbie Macomber's The Shop on Blossom Street). It is a pretty simple basket weave pattern with just enough stitch interest to keep it from becoming completely monotonous. I am not sure who the recipient of this blanket will be. I know a couple of people who are having babies so I guess I will give it to whoever has their baby closest to the time that I finish the blanket!


And finally, for all you voyuers out there, here is a picture of my stash.


Pretty ugly mess, isn't it!

Cheers!

No comments: