Monday, May 23, 2005

For your viewing pleasure

I finally present pictures of the fabulous yarn I scored at the NH Sheep and Wool Festival. First up, a whopping 650 yard skein of 100% alpaca in a lovely charcoal gray color. It is beautifully soft and has lovely flecks of white and grey that make the color come alive. This is directly from the alpaca, folks, no dying done here. Just the beauty of nature.


Alpaca Yarn
Originally uploaded by kellymarino.



Next up, some hand-dyed, superwash merino wool. It is very soft and a pretty periwinkle blue-purple color. I am thinking I will use this to make a simple and elegant shell to wear for work. Any good pattern recommendations from the folks out there? Let me know!


Merino Yarn
Originally uploaded by kellymarino.

My final yarn purchase is ~1000 yards of hand-dyed rayon in a light sport weight. I am not sure what I am going to do with it just yet but it was so bee-yoo-tee-ful that I HAD to buy it. The picture does not do all the pretty colors their full justice. I think it would make a lovely shawl but really, I hate making shawls (have you seen any posted progress on the "mother's day" shawl... I didn't think so). Maybe it will become a fun tank or t-shirt-type garment. Who knows, it is so exciting, waiting for inspiration to strike!

Rayon Yarn
Originally uploaded by kellymarino.


Finally, a little something for the young at heart. My husband surprised me with this after we got home from the festival...

Jerry the Llama
Originally uploaded by kellymarino.


Isn't he freakin' adorable?! I named his Jerry (nope, no idea why) and he sits on my nightstand giving me knitting inspiration as I sleep.

That is the whirlwind tour of my trip to the wool festival. Tune in later this week for updates on all my WIPs and maybe, a finished item for your viewing pleasure. Also, a review of the second Boston show by U2 (Thursday night baby!!!).
Cheers



No comments: