Wednesday, May 18, 2005

All work and no play makes Kelly a dull blogger...

The headline says it all, this is going to be a dull post. Consider yourself warned.
Recent business travel means I haven't had time to blog or take pictures. It does mean, however, I had lots of time for plane knitting. Even better, I flew Jet Blue (www.jetblue.com) so I got to watch TV and knit for the entire three hour flight. I am a big fan of the free Direct TV available on Jet Blue. If you have never flown them, I would recommend giving it a try.

In other news, the NH Sheep and Wool festival was a blast. Even my non-fiber-loving husband enjoyed looking at all the sheep, lambs, goats, alpacas, and llamas. The alpacas were a special favorite of mine and to honor them, I purchased 1200 yards of some incredibly soft, DK weight 100% alpaca yarn. It is a lovely charcoal grey color and it will eventually be turned into either a cardigan or a simple sweater designed using the techniques from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears. I also purchased ~1000 yards of superwash merino wool hand dyed a lovely periwinkle/blue/purple color and ~1000 yards of nylon yarn in an incredible hand dyed colorway containing reds, pinks, yellows, creams, and tans. I will post pictures soon because the beautiful yarn has to be seen to be appreciated.

That's all for now. I am meeting with my Sudbury SnB ladies tonight and we are going to do a little crochet tutorial. Should be fun!

Cheers

No comments: