Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Cozies

Instead of finishing the seaming of the adorable (I mean seriously cute) baby sweater I am nearly done with, I spent last night creating and knitting a cozie for my friend's IPod Mini. It was a pretty simplistic design but it turned out pretty cute (if I do say so myself). Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture before I gave it to her so I can only describe it here. I knitted the main body in two pieces (a front and a back) using a cream colored acrylic / wool blend yarn. Then I used backstitch to sew it together on three sides (two sides and the bottom). I left the top open but knitted a small flap that comes over the top and attaches to a button I sewed on the back. Then I grabbed some left over Lion Brand Fun Fur in bright red and crocheted around the top opening for some excitement. Like I said, simplistic but cute and very quick to knit (it only took me two hours from IPod measuring to completed item).

That just leaves the baby sweater. I already have one side and sleeve seam completed which means I am only a side seam, a sleeve seam, and four buttons away from a finished sweater. Sigh... I hope the sweater still fits the baby by the time I get off my lazy finishing bum! Pictures to come (once I complete the sweater tonight... come hell or high water!)

No comments: