Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sweater Finishing - 1, Procrastination - 0

That's right, with the help of American Idol cheering me along I finished the baby sweater for Joey (the cutest baby I know). I did all the seaming, sewed in the ends, and sewed on the buttons (I am really not into sewing). The finished sweater looks pretty good (if I do say so myself). I just hope that it fits little Joey.
The sweater details:
  • Pattern is from Creative Knitting, May 2005 issue
  • I used TLC Cara Mia yarn (50% acrylic, 19% nylon, 18% rayon, 13% angora), one skein of each color
  • Needles sizes 7 and 9
  • Buttons from Joann Fabrics, purchased by my knitting friend Tiffany because she knew they would be perfect for the sweater (and how right she was)

As soon as my blogerbot is working, I will post a picture of the finished sweater. Keep your eye out for it! I think my firewall at work is preventing me from posting pictures. Boo for the firewall.

Next up, I am going to cast on for the Chicknits Ribby Shell. I am using Elan Endless Summer 100% cotton in a nice sage-green color. This will make a good plane project (it is knit in the round) and since I have a couple of trips coming up, I figure I should get started. Unfortunately, the shell requires a lot of casting on (some 200 plus stitches) so I will need a quite room and some serious counting time.

No comments: