Friday, January 04, 2008

I Need a New System

My stash is in a sad state of (dis)organization. I have decided that I need a new storage system for all of my lovely yarn. Right now, most of my yarn is loosely grouped by color in six large plastic bins with drawers. The bins are stacked, three high, against one of the walls in my home office. I also have a smaller four-drawer bin that holds my finer gauge yarn, my super nice stuff, and my random odds and ends. My little drawer is okay but my big bins are starting to collapse under the weight of all of the yarn. I think I also need to purge some of the yarn I will most likely never use. Lots of well meaning and thoughtful people give me yarn and I always feel compelled to take it. I mean, you never know what you might need, right? If I thought about it honestly though, I will probably never use most of it. Maybe I will sort all my yarn and donate the unwanted stuff to some organization that could use it to do kids crafts or something.

The challenge is, even after I purge, I don't know how else to organize everything that's left. Should I get a piece of furniture, like an armoir, or another bin system? Do they make yarn storage systems? Maybe I should invent one... that could be my way to make millions! Sigh, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

No comments: