Friday, January 11, 2008

Knitting Under Pressure

What do you think of knitting deadlines? Generally, I am not a fan of the pressure they put on you. I find that when I have looming deadlines, my knitting often gets erratic - full of errors and weird tension issues. Yet, here I am, working furiously to complete a baby hat in time for a baby shower tomorrow at 11:00 am. I don't even have an excuse, really. I just decided today that it would be nice if I could whip up a hat to match mitts that I knit a long time ago. Sigh, I am not sure why I do this to myself, other than for all the ohhs and ahhs hand knit baby gear usually brings (insert evil grin here). Here is what I have so far:

So tiny, yet so overwhelming

I have been knitting in between actual work tasks today. I am hoping that once I put Gub to bed, I can crank the rest of it out.

Also, my stuff from Webs arrived and I have finally gotten around to taking a picture of it.

New additions to the family... aren't they lovely!




Clockwise from the top: 5 skeins of Rowan All Seasons Cotton, 2 skeins of Southwest Trading Company's Gianna, 2 hanks of Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Cashmere, and 1 ball of RCY Soft Lux. I am in mad, raving love with the Silky Cashmere. As the name implies, this yarn is composed of 55% silk and 45% cashmere. It is soooooo soft and luxurious to touch. I just want to wrap myself in it. Unfortunately, the yardage is pretty small (44 yards per hank) and I only have 2 hanks. I am hoping I can make a thin, lacy scarf that I can wear all year round.

Off to make dinner and work on the baby hat. Hopefully I will be able to post tomorrow about my success in meeting my knitting deadline.


Cheers!

No comments: