Monday, January 21, 2008

Is it me or is it Monday?

I am really tired today. I don't know why, except that maybe I stayed up too late on the weekend nights and am now paying for it. I also have a headache that has lasted for two days (no mom, I didn't do any drinking this weekend) and it is getting a little old. I don't know, maybe I need my thyroid checked.


Anyway, I have pictures of the finished baby blanket. I am pleased with how it turned out. It is sweet but not too babyish. What do you think?


Cozy baby blanket

And a close-up of the edge:

Crochet edgings look so neat

I didn't really use a pattern, just a waffle texture that was created by alternating 3 double crochets and 3 front-post double crochets across the row, and then doing the reverse on the way back. Actually, Hub designed it for me... he is stellar with a crochet hook. This is one of the main reasons why I love him so.

The final texture of the blanket is soft and springy with a pleasant thickness that makes it seem like it will be nice and warm. The blanket was knit in Plymouth Encore (75% acrylic, 25% wool) and it is machine washable and dryable (just in case you didn't know, this is an extremely important feature when knitting things for messy creatures like babies). I hope that the recipient likes it.

I am cruising along on the Ugg booties. I have one bootie finished except for the seaming and am ready to shape the foot on the second one. I will hopefully have the set finished by the weekend. I am glad that the work day is almost over. I think I need to go lie down.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
What was the weight of the yarn - worsted?
Great blanket!
-Stephanie