Friday, January 11, 2008

Oh Yes She Did...

That's right, I finished the baby hat the night BEFORE the shower! Considering that I just started the project this afternoon, I couldn't be more pleased. Together with the mitts I knit a while ago, they make a lovely little set.

Aww, they are just so darn wee!

This picture doesn't really show off the colors at all, the lighting is a little tough at night, but you get the idea. The hat and mitt cuffs are a soft light green and the hat trim and mitts are white. Both pieces are knit with Cara Mia (I don't remember who makes this yarn or exactly what the composition is, but it is nice and soft and machine washable). The hat pattern is the Bundle of Joy Hat, a lovely free pattern from Isela Phelps of Purling Sprite Designs. The mitts are a pattern of my own (which I plan to post once I get it cleaned up a bit). I hope that she likes them.

Cheers!

No comments: