Friday, January 18, 2008

More baby knits...

I have been finishing things at a mean clip these days. First, I finished the set for the new baby of my coworker. Little Baby Girl arrived on Dec. 23 but I haven't had a chance to see her yet. I am hoping that her mom brings her into the office for a little meet-and-greet sometime soon. I did take a picture of the set before I packed it up.
So tiny, so shimmery

The hat is from the same pattern that I posted about the other day. The mitts are my own pattern (that I still need to polish up and share). The booties are from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight. I have no idea what the yarn is. It is something I don't even remember purchasing and the label has long since disappeared. All I know is that the yarn is 100% acrylic (read: machine washable) with a shimmery pink strand through it.

I also finished the blanked I was crocheting for the sick baby from my message board. I haven't taken any pictures yet but I will before I mail it out.

Last night I started a new project for yet another coworker's baby-to-be. This woman is having a baby girl in early March and to celebrate, I am knitting a pair of Ugg Booties. I love this pattern. I made a pair for Gub when she was little and they were super cute. She got compliments every time she wore them. Here is what I have so far.

These Uggs are bootie-licious

I have decided to do the colors in reverse. In the original pattern, the light color is the top of the bootie and the dark color is the sole. I think the darker yarn shows off the Plush trim better so I am reversing the colors. They are knit with Berroco Suede which is kind of a pain in the butt to work with. The yarn has a yucky tendency to split and my needle tips keep snagging it. Oh well, the finished product is cute enough to make up for it!

Off to have an early dinner with some new friends and our kiddos. We haven't really spent a lot of time with this couple so it should be interesting (and hopefully a lot of fun).

Cheers!

No comments: